The 17th International Conference on Monitoring Molecules in Neuroscience will take place within the University of Oxford, at the Mathematical Institute, in the centre of Oxford. The main venue is the new Andrew Wiles Building.
Mathematical Institute University of Oxford
Andrew Wiles Building
Radcliffe Observatory Quarter
The Maths Institute is centrally located within Oxford’s historic city centre, a short walkable distance from all attractions and amenities including Oxford’s historic University and college buildings, restaurants and pubs galore, accommodation, transport links (rail and coach stations), as well as additional venues used during the conference.
We will host an opening reception at Oxford’s Museum of Natural History, and a closing banquet dinner at Somerville College.
For accommodation, rooms are available to book at St Hugh’s College, a 10 minute walk away.
Getting to Oxford
We strongly recommend booking your travel as soon as possible, as the meeting falls shortly before the busy Easter break.
Travellers from overseas can easily access Oxford from several international airports that are well-connected by public transport:
- London Heathrow (50 miles); the Oxford Bus Company Airline service coach goes directly from here to Oxford, journey time ~90 mins.
- London Gatwick (85 miles); the Oxford Bus Company Airline service coach goes directly from here to Oxford, journey time ~2-2.5 hours.
- Birmingham International Airport (65 miles); there are frequent trains from here to Oxford, journey time 1 hour (see Rail Timetable Information).
- London Stansted (100 miles); there are only infrequent direct coaches but more frequent links via a coach to Heathrow or to central London.
- Luton; you may need to take a coach to Heathrow or London to join one of the other services.
See Rail Timetable Information for details of trains to Oxford Station and to purchase train tickets.
- From central London, Oxford is very well served by the Oxford Bus Company X90 service and by the Oxford Tube coach to Oxford.
- See the National Express website for details of coaches from other major cities.
- Tickets can usually be purchases on the linked travel company websites.
- Directions to the Mathematical Institute from Gloucester Green Coach Station (Oxford)
Taxis are readily available from both Oxford Train Station and Gloucester Green Coach Station and the fare to the Mathematical Institute should be approximately £7.00.
Local Bus Timetables
Please be aware there is limited public parking available in the centre of Oxford. We advise using the Park & Ride services, parking at Pear Tree and taking the #300 bus which stops opposite the entrance to the Mathematical Institute on Woodstock Road.
Local Taxi Firms
- Electronic Yellow Pages listings – Taxis and Private Hire Vehicles in Oxford